What services does Demopolis Fire/Rescue provide?

Demopolis Fire/Rescue provides the following emergency and non-emergency services:


  • Structural Fire Fighting
  • Vehicle and othe Miscellaneous fire calls
  • Confine Space Rescue
  • Structural Collapse Rescue
  • Hazardous Material Response
  • River Rescue
  • Vehicle Accidents
  • Emergency Medical Services (EMS)

Non-Emergency Services

  • Public Assistance Calls
  • Fire Inspection/Prevention
  • Public Fire & Life Safety Education
  • Other Service-Related Calls
  • Building Plan Review
  • Fire Code Enforcement
  • Pre-Incident Planning
  • Fire Cause/Determination
  • Fire Safety Program for Children
  • Fire Extinguisher Training for Local Businesses
  • CPR Training
  • Basic EMT Training

What is the City of Demopolis' ISO rating?

The City of Demoplis has a class 3 ISO rating.

When I dial 911, who answers the call?

When you dial 911 from a land line the call is routed to the E-911 center which is located at 507 N. Main Street, Linden, Alabama.

Is it possible to visit the fire station?

Yes. We welcome visitors in our stations, the best time to come by is during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm. If you have a group, we ask that you call a few days in advance to schedule a time so that we can be prepared for your visit.

How often should I change the batteries in my smoke detectors?

You should change the batteries in your smoke detector twice a year, the best time to do this is at time change in the spring and fall.

If I have leaves or other brush I need to clean up, can I get a permit to burn them?

Yes, we do issue burn permits if there is not a "No Burn" restriction imposed by the State due to drought. You may get a burn permit by calling 334-289-1212 and give the location where you want to burn. Someone from the fire department will come to that location to inspect the site for safety, then issue a permit which will be good for seven days.

How do I find out information about an Ambulance Bill?

For questions concerning a Demopolis Fire Rescue Department ambulance bill, please contact Capstone Claims, Inc. at 205-752-5866 or 205-247-4750

How do I request records?

To request records, contact Shelia Rodgers, Administrative Assisant at 334-289-1212. (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) rules apply.)

Media Gallery

Local Resources